SITKA Sling Choke Gore Backpack (40058 OSFA)
Features of SITKA Sling Choke Gore Backpack (40058 OSFA)
- One Size Fits All
- Ergonomically designed to be worn front or back
- The single strap design stays put even when shouldering a shotgun and swivels from front to back to grab gear on the go without having to set the pack down
- Eight removable nooses make quick work of your bag limit
- Keep your hot or cold beverage easily accessible with the adjustable divider in the main compartment
- The DWR finish resists light precipitation and prevents the face fabric from wetting out
- ENVIRONMENT: Timber
- SCENARIO: Open Water, Backwaters
- TEMPERATURE: Hot, Warm, Mild, Cool, Cold, Extreme Cold
- COLORS: Waterfowl Timber, Waterfowl Marsh
Product Info for SITKA Sling Choke Gore Backpack (40058 OSFA)
The Sling Choke pack offers a minimal design for maximum versatility. At almost 800 cubic inches total internal volume, you can wear it on the front when packing in decoys or blind, or on your back during the hunt. The cross angle strap won’t impede shouldering a shotgun, and allows quick access to contents without removal.
1800gear.com is an authorized Sitka dealer
I've used this on a few field hunts. Its size forces you to slim down the load. Assuming you'd use pockets in your jacket or putting items in your layout blind, this pack can serve you well. If you're planning on packing in exterior layers (since you'd overheat when hiking in) this pack may disappoint. It does not fit both a boreal jacket and bib/pants. The fahrenheit would be better jacket to pack in since it's so compressible. It does hold the delta wading jacket and delta pants well. There is no pocket to hold shells loosely or even shell loops—which was kind of a disappointment for a hunting bag. The game straps are a nice feature, but have been known to fail when overloaded. It does fit very comfortably. Straps are low profile you almost forget they're there. I'll use it mid season, but as soon as the mercury drops and I need to use boreal bibs and jackets and hike in for some hunts, I'll revert to my Drake bag—I can literally put this sitka bag in the drake bag.
Comfortable to wear and easy to pack in. My new go to bag! Works great even when you're sitting down and it's sling on the front of you in your lap. I love this pack.